Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still Broken

I am not feeling better.

Last night, I had such a coughing fit that I threw up....I don't think I will ever feel the same about brownies ever again.

This morning, after having called my boss to tell him I am taking a sick day, I went back to my doctor's office. This time, I got steroids, another inhaler, and was advised to continue with the codeine/cough suppressant. I was also sent over to the diagnostic test center for a chest x-ray.

They don't know what is wrong with me and why I keep coughing like I do. With exception of a slight wheez they heard around the upper right part of my chest, my lungs sounded clear.

Lots of possibilities were talked about....bronchitis (viral which means there are no meds to help me), whooping cough, and even asthma.

I don't care what this is....I just want the meds to kick in quick and make me feel better.

Though I don't have a fever, my body aches, and my head, chest, and throat hurts every time I have to cough.

I don't want to take my inhaler....because I have to breathe in deep when I use it, it only makes me want to cough even more.

No comments: