Monday, June 20, 2005

Belly Ache

"I want one!" was Alex's desperate whisper to me when I'd entered the room......

It was Sunday afternoon at the Maidy's. We put together a little BBQ for my sister's birthday which meant our beloved Ellie-Belly would be joining us (my niece).

We love every chance we get to see her, but even more, we love having her over. She brightens up our cozy place quite a bit. We're very lucky that she loves playing with her Uncle 'Boo' (Alex). I guess to her, Alex is very funny (funny looking maybe...hmmm).

Alex and Ellie were in the computer room...don't know what they were chatting about, or if he was trying to show her how to load a program on the computer, or show her how to create her own web page using HTML. I went in to ask Alex something while Ellie was darting back out to her parents in the livingroom. Before I could utter my question ("would you like to eat the fruit and whip cream now?") he turned to me and whispered, "I want one!", and pointed to Ellie as she'd just turned the corner out of the room. "You just want another play mate around the house!" I accused him lightly, to which he smiled widely.

I can't wait to have a family, a little Alex or little me...just a little something to make us a bit immortal, that we 're not here on this planet for a short time for no reason, that our life has more purpose....eh-hem...sorry. I'll stop now.

2 comments:

EJ said...

Get STARTED!!!!!

QueenWanydala said...

Ha ha ha! EJ's right! =)