Wednesday, July 20, 2005

He Who Must Not Be Named

The saddest page ever (well, at least for now) of any book series...page 652.

I am finished with book 6 of Harry Potter.

I seriously do not know what it is about this series that has captured my undivided attention, has grasped my full and most serious attention...all I know is that when I walk away from a chapter, or as with tonight, the book itself, I am still living the scenes of its words in my head and dreaming about the next and final Harry Potter adventure.

Do not worry. I will not give anything away. I've been the victim of ignorant, cruel fellow 'readers' giving away the goodies before one can discover them on their own. I refuse to be added to that shameful, horrible list of offenders.

The only regret I have regarding book 6 is that it took me five days to read it! I most confidently believe I would have finished in three days had I not been gainfully employed, being pursuaded to go to work, or taken the time to to engage in such trivial activities as going to the bathroom, or eating or even sleeping for that matter.

In any case, I am relieved and anxious at the same time.

I am relieved I no longer have to avert my attention to articles that might tempt me which include interviews and reviews from those who finished the book and may 'accidentally' give something away. I am relieved that a certain amount of craziness in me can fade away again for the time being.

However, I am anxious to get to the next book. The next book however, will probably not publish and give joy to the public till a few years from now. The author has inconveniently and without thought to the fans of Harry Potter, given birth to a child, who no less requires much of her attention. Who knows when she'll start writing again.

2 comments:

EJ said...

Well, hopefully she'll get to it before our kids go off to college...hee hee. I know I'm behind on the HP series. Glad that you finished it...now back to life...huh?

QueenWanydala said...

considering HP4 won't be out in movies til November, I think she will have plenty of time to finish her last book before the other movies come out to theater.

And I have a hunch as to what the "prophecy" really means. I haven't finished reading the book, but as you know, I read towards the end and know of your sadness, though I didn't find it too sad. I wondered why it didn't happen long before.