Thursday, January 12, 2006

Stupid Human Tricks

Our oldest cat, Nellie, has decided she'd like to be served breakfast at 2am. She struts into our room in the middle of the night and starts 'knocking' on various objects in the room.

We cover our bedroom window with plastic every winter to keep the draft at a minimum. Nellie uses it as an annoyance tool. The plastic is what she knocks/paws at with her paw. It makes such a unique and terrible noise that it even wakes up Alex, who snores like nobody's business.

Inevitably, Alex gets out of bed and feeds her because he's very tired and would like to get some sleep. Big mistake.

Nellie has trained Alex to do as she wishes, and it only took one night. The very next night, Nellie was served breakfast again promptly at 2am.

I have a New Year's resolution...to train Nellie and Alex out of their late night breakfast dance.

2 comments:

Alex Maidy said...

My name is Inigo Montoya. You woke me up at 2am. Prepare to die.

slacker said...

Chloe woke me up at 3am howling last night. I blame her for making me wake up late for work today...