Monday, July 16, 2007

Monterey Airport is a Joke!

I wish businesses had a way to pay you back for time lost with one's family. I wish businesses would not make a practice of making their employees fly about during the weekend. Weekends are for family and personal life after having been enslaved by work all week long.

I was supposed to return Saturday afternoon (2:30pm) but instead returned home at 3:30am Sunday. I will NEVER again fly US Airways, or fly out of regional airports such as Monterey, CA. Our ticket agent was also the baggage claim/tag person, and gate personnel. I would not have been surprised if she was also the pilot and mechanic on a regular basis. Regional airports suck. Because they are regional airports, they do NOT have direct flights ANYWHERE! They either fly out to Phoenix or Las Vegas in order for you to catch your connecting flight elsewhere. Gads.

I will not go into the details of my horrific flight back to Chicago that started out at 5am Pacific Standard Time, but I will say that my co-workers and I ended up driving 1.75 hours from Monterey, CA to San Fransisco, CA to catch a direct flight back to Chicago.

I poured into bed when I got home. Then around 6am, just like clock work, Jack woke up. Alex brought him into see me. Even in my sleep deprived world I managed to hug and kiss my Fudgy. But he did not recognize me.

He sat there, on my side of the bed and just stared at me the way he stares at someone in the grocery store. I went back to bed for another hour or so before getting up for the rest of the day. Thankfully, this time, Jack recognized me and gave me one of his 'super' smiles.

The house was still in one piece, no one had to take a trip to the ER, and the cat was still alive, so all was well. Alex did a great job but hopefully, I will NEVER have to be out of town for that long ever again OR fly out of Monterey.

No comments: