Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Progress Report

I have not blogged in many weeks...or is it months? I'm not sure where time goes.

Anyway, the last time I blogged, I was consumed with bad news from my doctor during my annual visit. Here's an update....

I've been working out since late March. I've been waking up at 5am on the days I go into the office as we have a fitness center in the lower level. I started out walking, then I tried the stationary bike and fell in love with the good sweat it worked up for me. Then I decided to mix things up with cycling for 45 minutes, then fast walking on an incline for 30 minutes. Now I'm cycling to warm up for 15 minutes, then getting into a medium paced jog for 2-3 miles on the treadmill.

I mixed it up with a bit of yoga to break the cardio boredom after a few weeks.

On some days I worked out twice a day. It proved to be awesome when it came to shedding pounds, but I felt very tired at the end of the day. I learned I need to eat small frequent meals during the 2 workout session days.

Weight wise, I've lost about 12 pounds. My clothes fit comfortably now and are not too tight. I'm happy to say I can get into shorts I wore before getting pregnant with Ben 2 summers ago.

Energy level has soared compared to where it used to be for me. I go on walks with the kids whenever I can. I move faster around the house when doing chores. I jogged a mile around my neighborhood a few weeks ago which always took me forever to do, but this time, I was able to warm up, jog the mile and cool down within 25 minutes (I warm up for a long time cause jogging/running just isn't second nature to me right off the bat).

Nutrition - I discovered the following salad: tomato, cucumber, basil, red onion, a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and a bit of kosher salt with fresh mozz. cheese! Yummy! Add grilled chicken and you've got a complete meal! The basil adds so much flavor. This is a good alternative to the regular green leafy boring salads and avoiding tons of calorie filled salad dressing.

I can also have the 'sometimes' food now without too harsh a consequence. My metabolism has kicked in (I couldn't believe I actually had one).

The one thing left to do is my pulmonary test which I scheduled, then completely forgot about this past Sunday. I need to schedule that in again before the Florida trip so that I can have my results. I'll be taking my workout stuff on the trip so I can continue my progress and see where I end up. I'd like to get to a 10 minute mile...nothing too lofty or out there.

1 comment:

QueenWanydala said...

That's awesome!!!! 12 pounds!...you've already lost 1/3 of your weightloss goal! Yea!!!