Friday, August 12, 2005

Name Game

Well, it's official. My legal name has been changed to my married name. My maiden name is no more.

I feel kind of sad in a way....and maybe it's dumb for me to feel sad about it, but the way I see it, my mother is the only Park left in our immediate family now. Strange concept.

Now the wonderful task of getting the rest of my stuff in order begins...banks, credit cards, bills and other misc. things. I'm sure there will be SOMETHING I miss along the way and won't think about having changed till I come across that bridge.

Can a man take the wife's name? I wish I'd thougth about this earlier and given it more consideration. I mean, there are two boys in Alex's family, I'm sure it wouldn't have killed his parents to have Alex take my name! Right?! They'd still have one left!

3 comments:

EJ said...

Alex Park doesn't sound bad to me. Tim Kim sounded funny, but then I did take Buzzard.

Welcome to the club

slacker said...

Wany is still Wany Park....

We thought about 'Tim Lim', 'Jim Lim' and 'Kim Lim'... We decided against them...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! Wany's still a Park!
Phew! That makes me feel better.

Thanks Jae! You're the best brother-in-law in the world!