Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Approach

It's September already. Labor Day has come and gone.

It seems just yesterday I was dreading summer and having to wear shorts. And now, we're only one month away from the holiday season kick off (yes, I consider Halloween a holiday, it's one of my favorite two holidays -the other is Christmas).

So what did I do this summer? Did I actually honeymoon in Rome, Italy? Was there a trip to Marietta, OH? My goodness, Ellie is 2 years old! Did I really get married? :-)

In a way, I wish I had the summer back...to do things I said I was going to do but didn't get around to (there are so many things) and in a way I'm glad Fall is approaching with cooler weather, colorful trees, and new sweaters and boots to add to my collection from last year.

Time is a funny thing.

2 comments:

Alex Maidy said...

I agree. The moment we got Xmas supplies at the store, I knew the summer was gone!

PS: I updated my blog.

jon said...

Summer seemed to last soooo long when I was a kid. Now they seem to fly by faster and faster every year. Sad.