Thursday, April 12, 2007

Caring is over rated

I am not a boat rocker, feather ruffler, pot stirrer or sand box bully. I have always played nice with others in the sand box and truly believe majority rules, even if I'm not 100% on board.

But after becoming a mother, I feel I've shed that outter most layer, the superficial shell that usually kept me safe without confrontation in or with the public. I no longer care what other people think - especially when it comes to my Jack.

1) I do not care that my doctor's office thinks I'm a lunatic, a nervous-nelly, paranoid, or even annoying by paging the doctor at all hours of the night or making appointments for Jack to see the doctor every 10-12 days. I do not care how many times or by how many doctors I am told a fever can be a good thing. When a baby spikes a fever over 103 degrees, it CANNOT wait till the next business day for a mother.

2) I do not care that some of my co-workers tire of hearing stories about my Jack. You only have your first born once - coworkers are a dime a dozen! No contest.

3) I do not care that I wear spit up to work.

4) I make 'baby talk' all the time to Jack, even when out in public. I don't care who is giving me a strange look.

5) I could care less that there are 5 people standing in line behind me at Target as I explain for the 3rd time how the Similac Formula coupon works to the newby check-out kid at the register.

And I thought motherhood would make me passive, even flakey! Boy am I glad to be wrong!

No comments: