Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Hate My Hair!

I got the worst hair cut known to mankind last night at the salon.

I did my due diligence in selecting the colorist and stylist (who did such an awesome job on my hair three months ago) and even showed up 10 minutes early for my appointment.

As far as color goes, I no longer worry about a 'mistake' - too bright, not enough, too brassy....these are all things that can be corrected, and color fades with time anyway.

But the haircut is forever! You can't fix hair that is cut wrong, or too short! We are not Play-Dough people where we can grow new blue hair in a matter of minutes.

I loved what my stylist did with my hair the last time. It was a rounded cut, kind of like a bob, but with more layers, long layers. She also used a razor instead of scissors which I loved. The effect is very modern and sophisticated.

Last night, my stylist asked what I wanted done. I said the same as last time. I don't think she remembered what she gave me last time and so she asked, "what did I give you last time?" I began telling her and her memory started coming back.

However, this time, she suggested maybe going a little shorter, about an inch. I immediately asked, "how short? You're not gonna make me look like a boy, are you?"

She laughed. She promised it would not make me look like a boy. I agreed to go shorter.

Well, I DO NOT look like a boy.....I LOOK LIKE A MOM! Argh!!!!!!!

When styled, it's poofy up top and narrows/tapers towards the bottom - basically, I looked like a light bulb! She cut SO short that I now have bangs! BANGS people! I haven't had bangs since the 4th grade! I HATE bangs!

Despite my internal horror, I feigned gratitude, thanked her, paid and left. OMG!

It was all Alex could do to keep from kicking me out of the house -I was walking around the house, constantly saying, "I hate my hair!"

I know hair eventually grows out, and I'm hoping that by the time Florida comes around, I will NOT HAVE BANGS, but in the meantime, I have to live with 'MOM' hair.

4 comments:

Alex Maidy said...

It really is not as bad as she is making it out to be.

Remember my "samurai" haircut?

QueenWanydala said...

LOL! You got the ah-ju-mah cut! Does it look like the same cut as Jin's mom on Lost? LOL! I have to see you!

Granny Annie said...

POST A PICTURE!!

Granny Annie said...

HMMMMM....
Poofy on top.....Grampa wants to know if this means it looks like Jack's hair???