Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Dare Update

I ran twice last week - Thursday and Friday. I took the weekend off because I needed my body to heal so I could run again, but most importantly because my body just felt like crap after working out! Ouch!

I must admit, I felt wonderful to run/jog again. It felt good to have that time to myself again. It felt great to know that even after Jack, I could still do a mile at the first crack back at working out.

Working out as a non-smoker really makes a difference too. I warmed up, jogged a mile, cooled down and stretched all in about 25 minutes. This means I either ran a fast mile (well, anything 12 minutes and under is considered fast for me) or my warm up and cool down was fast.

Monday I did not work out - got my period, TERRIBLE cramps and just plain tired.
Tuesday I did not work out - waaaaaay too cold! (32 degrees!)
Tonight I did not work out - tired from not getting any sleep due to Alex's snoring (he's sleeping out on the couch tonight) and from getting up every two hours to check in on Jack and finally getting up at 3:30am to take his temp. and give him Tylenol and then putting him back to sleep which he didn't do till 4:44am.

I'm hoping tomorrow I can at least get a good walk in there somewhere, I deserve it.

Right now, it's way past my bedtime and I need to get some shut eye. Good night. Hopefully, Jack will sleep through the night.

No comments: