Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Go East!

I got a chance to head East due to a death in the family (Alex's uncle passed away). It certainly wasn't the best of circumstances in which to head to my husband's home town, but I'm glad I got the chance to see his old stomping grounds nonetheless.

I was sitting all the way in the back of the mini-van with Jack so I could not see Alex's expression, but I could hear the excitement in his voice whenever he spotted a building, neighborhood, or street corner he recognized.

I saw the elementary school he attended, the grocery store he had his first job, the highschool he attended, the apartment complex they lived in (his mother and grandmother used to manage the building as well), China town and much more.

I began to imagine what it would be like and how I'd feel if I were to visit my childhood place....BOTH of them.....the one in Korea and the one in the south suburbs (La Grange Park).

One day, I would like to go FURTHER East and see my old house in Korea. That would be cool.

No comments: