Thursday, July 17, 2008

6 weeks

Officially 6 weeks post partum. My check up went well. I am back to normal and little by little, I can start getting back to normal things. Lifting Jack, however, still makes my incision area achy and sore so I have to still take it easy with him. Otherwise, I plan on taking daily walks and even try my hand at getting back to jogging again though I'm not sure how I'll get this accomplished once Sammie goes back to Florida. Hmmm. Must think about this some more. I may have to resort to jogging at night after Jack goes to bed while Alex watches Ben.

Nights and days are still mixed up for the B-man. Trying to fix it starting today by waking him up every 3 hours after he dozes off. He has his bigger chunks of sleep during the day time, but during the night, he promptly gets up every 2-3 hours to eat or just fuss. Sigh. I am very tired.

Need to think about budgeting what remains of our savings account till I return back to work. Need to go grocery shopping too for some odds and ends here and there.

I am thinking about putting an end to pumping. I don't get much as it is right now and if Ben is indeed allergic to lactose, wouldn't he be allergic to the lactose that's in breast milk anyways?

Alex goes in for surgery Monday. He is worried. Because he's been so very healthy all his life (despite his history of high blood pressure and bad cholesterol - it runs in his family)he is quite nervous about going under the knife.

Logically, he knows there is nothing to be afraid of. In reality, it still scares him to death to go under for his irrational fear of not being able to come back out of it. Unfounded fear? Yes, but I guess I would feel/be the same way if I were in his position.

Okay, gotta go now...eat lunch, then look up some stuff about breastmilk allergies.

No comments: