Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sun Burn and Other Happenings


Got sun burn while detailing the cars Tuesday afternoon. I didn't think I'd be out there THAT long, so I didn't bother to even thing about sunscreen. That was a mistake. It was painful yesterday, it is now itchy today. Sigh. It wouldn't be half as bad if I'd just gotten a normal looking burn, but no....I have this weird sports bra and tank top pattern on my back now and for the rest of the Summer. Sigh...sigh.

Sam left today back for Florida. We miss her already. Alex really misses having a family member around the house for an extended period of time....so now I wonder what his wife and kids are to him? Are we not family too? Just kidding. I know what he means. I am fortunate that I live very close to my family (though sometimes I wish I didn't) but Alex does not have such luxuries as those he grew up sharing living space with are in Florida - far away. He really enjoyed having Sam around as did the rest of us and felt the void she left behind tonight as silence fell over the house after Jack and Ben fell asleep. I'm sure Alex misses having Sam to pick on and talk about films and comics.

We sent her home with a nice book, photos of the kids, and a gift certificate to Sephora for all the help she provided in July.

Life with Ben without the help of Sam or anyone else for that matter truly begins Monday when Alex is back at work, Jack is at daycare and I am home alone with the Ban-Ji-Man. He is an incredibly cute kid like his brother, but unlike his brother, Ben can become angry, very quickly. Oh, and also, he does not like to sleep. Sigh.

I am feeling better nowadays though....much less frazzled. I think I had too much going on all at the same time and became stressed out. Now that the stressful moments are over, I am feeling more level headed and used to having a newborn in the house again. I am not sure why I expected things to be orderly and systematic.

I got my hair cut short. It's an angled bob, or an inverted bob as Sam called it. Whatever it is, I love it. It's short in the back and longer in the front so it still gives the illusion of having length without the long length which would have been too much for me to take care of had I left my hair long.

My back is itchy but I cannot scratch it...the burn still hurts. Gads!

No comments: