Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Eebee-jeebee's

Hives! Hives! Hives!

Had them all over my torso yesterday afternoon. I was reacting to some kind of allergy!

After a call to my doctor's office and consideration of what I'd done, eaten, and wore yesterday, there were two possible culprits - my turtleneck or my Wellbutrin pills.

Considering I've been taking the Wellbutrin pills for over three weeks, I feel safe in letting that go as a cause for my reaction. If I were allergic to anything in it to the extent of how my body reacted to it yesterday, it would have happened within the first few days of taking the full dosage.

I'm afrad it may just have been the turtleneck I wore yesterday. It had been sitting on my closet shelf since early March of this year. I can't remember whether I washed it before putting it away for the season or not. What horrible things are living in my closet? But if it was something in the closet, and it had gotten to my turtleneck, wouldn't it have gotten everything else in my closet too? I've worn other things from my closet on a regular basis.

So then is it localized to my turtleneck? Doesn't make much sense, but to be safe, I am dry cleaning/laundering everything on that shelf. I am also cleaning it out! I still have a ton more stuff to give away or just toss.

I will be on antihistamines for the next couple of days while continuing to take Wellbutrin. On the third day, I was told to stop taking the antihistamine and only take Wellbutrin. If the hives come back at that point, we can follow the direction that it may be Wellbutrin that is causing my reaction and come up with a resolution. If the hives do not come back, then indeed it was my turtleneck.

It's all kind of gross to think about something getting on my turtlenecks and causing hives on me! Yuck!

1 comment:

QueenWanydala said...

hey!...i think you gave me some clothes from that shelf! if i break out, i'll know why...and i know where you live! =)