Monday, April 25, 2005

Change in Plans

Past brides have told me that no matter what I do to make sure the day goes exactly as planned and perfect in every detail, that it was not possible. I didn't believe them to be honest. I thought, "oh, you guys just didn't plan right!"

Rev. Mary will be going into surgery this week, an outpatient procedure since she said if it's done early this week that she'll be able to perform our ceremony as planned. If not, then she will be sending a replacement officiant...another Rev. Mary. I got very upset at first and started making rude comments about Rev. Mary 1. Then I got my head back and decided I was not going to get this bother me.

Our centerpieces died. We had originally picked up some Rosemary topiary. Rosemary is a traditional wedding element back in the old days, so I thought it would be nice to incorporate it as a centerpiece. We bought them three weeks ago. They got watered too much and began dying. My mother and I found an alternate plant (Eugenia) which is very nice and a lot less trouble to take care of.

The weather is supposed to be in the high 60's, and sunny. We were expecting in the mid 70's and partly sunny. There isn't much I can do about the weather, but we had hoped that Chicago would continue to receive good weather consider the past two weekends. Of course this past weekend, it even snowed! Not going to lose sleep over it.

I'm not sure if I should feel lucky that I've only experienced the scenarios above so far. I mean, it could have been much worse, right? Right. That's what I keep telling myself.

1 comment:

EJ said...

Speaking of uncertain events. John's wedding this past weekend went well but they had their own hiccups. A week before the ceremony.....
1. Pricilla's dad had a minor stroke, so they were at the hospital that weekend, her dad did make it to the wedding but did look a bit pale.
2. The original lunch buffet place burned down due to a fire but luckily they found another venue.
3. The wedding bands arrived but they were the wrong rings, I believe this happened like 4 days before the ceremony.

No matter how much you plan there are hiccups. Even for mine I had hiccups - mostly my mother!!!

In the end it does work out, just as it did for John. You will be Mrs. Maidy - even if I have to haul my father to do it for you...hee hee!!!1