Friday, April 15, 2005

Grooming

My beautiful tuxedo cat (she's black and white and is colored like she's wearing a tux over a white shirt) Nellie needs a professional grooming...regularly.

She's getting more clumps of matted hair in her older age (she's 8 years old) and she isn't a fan of being combed or having people handle her too much. She will let me handle her, but she's got limits to that too.

I cut some of her matted hair last night. I realized this morning that I'd cut too short in two places on her right side. There was a patch of dried blood on both sites like she'd lightly skinned the area. I almost cried. I felt so bad.

Because she's also over weight, she can no longer get to all the areas she used to when she was a younger kitty. So she's neglecting her duties as well.

I cannot give her any more hair cuts. I'm not good at it, and I'm sure the professionals will do a better job. All I can do is start brushing her regularly several times a day. Argh. She's so high maintainence...she's luckly she's cute and sweet (big circle eyes).

1 comment:

QueenWanydala said...

I miss her tons! I can't believe she's 8 already!...turning 9 this year?