Thursday, April 07, 2005

Working Backwards

I actually gained a pound over night.

It is depressing to think that in my late 20s, all I had to do was look at my running shoes and I'd lose weight, but in my early 30s, that seems like another life time ago.

Maybe I'm expecting results too quickly...maybe I'm in denial about my own body, that it doesn't do the same things it used to do in my 20s....maybe I'm frustrated because my clothes haven't started fitting me better....maybe...argh.

I'm just not happy with the fact that my body hurts all over, and I have nothing to show for it. Despite my frustration, I will head back to the gym tonight...at least it makes me feel better after a work out.

3 comments:

QueenWanydala said...

It also helps if you don't chow on fast food right before you work out! Hee hee hee...
Anyway, I heard people gain weight before they lose it when you're beginning to work out...your body is "afraid" or senses something is wrong and tries to retain energy source (fat). But I can't say for sure.

EJ said...

Keep moving! You'll eventually see results but it may take awhile. Don't lose hope b/c you can do it. Just imagine what it will be like when we're 40 - even harder!!!

It's always a balance between what you eat and your excercise but it does work.

modecom said...

Buy a bikini