Monday, April 11, 2005

OCD

I detached, and washed every single grape individually last night. I mean running each one under the water and rubbing all sides gently to get anything gross off of it, then dried each grape with paper towels before neatly storing them in tupperware. I'm only going to end up eating them, so why all the work, right? Don't know. I've put in too much work to eat them myself. Maybe Alex will finish them off.

I also did laundry last night. After each drying cycle, I clean out the lint trap. However, the act of removingi the lint causes tiny lint/dust particles to scatter all over the top of the dryer. This annoys me to no end. I grab a Grab It duster sheet and methodically go over the top of the dryer...but I couldn't stop there...the knobs on the dryer had collected dust too...and so had the entire panel...then I had to wipe down the side of the dryer panel...well, I couldn't just dust the dryer...I dusted the washer too...I mean it's sitting right there next to it!

Vacuuming was a treat. I ask Alex to empty the collector on the thing every time he uses it, but he NEVER does. So the filter got gross, right away and the collector was over flowing with dust, cat hair, my hair, litter, food crumbs...you get the idea. Anyway, I empty out the collector...but notice a layer of dust on the inside, so I grab another Grab It (can't use the one for the washer and dryer on the vacuum...no mixing of dust particles allowed) and start dusting the inside wall of the vacuum. Then I started cleaning out the filter area...another Grab it is used. On and on it went till eventually, I'd spent 45 minutes attempting to capture every particle of dust on the vacuum. If I could, I would vacuum the vacuum.

Kind of ironic for a girl who doesn't mind wearing fungus infested shoes, right?

Most don't consider cleaning around the house a work out...but for me, it is. Tonight is bathroom night....goody!

2 comments:

EJ said...

Cleaning is a definite work out. Take pride that you're doing your body and your home a real good.

I am lazy and have given Tim the full duties of home cleaner. I have offered pay for it but he's not ready. My checkbook is always ready - hahahahaha

QueenWanydala said...

I hate hate hate cleaning! Come over and clean my house please!