Monday, April 11, 2005

Flower Instruction

I went over to see Ellie today. My mother stopped by too. She was in better spirits today because she's getting over her long cold. I think I caught her cold...I think Wany did too...hehehe.

She was sitting at her table today, sitting prim and proper on her chair across from her bear. There is a cup of origami flowers her mommy made for her to play with and boy does she love them! She picked one flower at a time out of the plastic cup, talking in her usual own language...I imagined she was giving instruction (to her bear) on how to care for indoor flowers and how to arrange them as well. The only thing that was missing was a tea pot and tea cups. It was sooooo cute.

Then a wall of emotion washed over me, unexpectedly and I began to tear. I had to really live and be in this moment for it would never happen again...not this exact scene, with this level of sun light in her face, in this lovely moment. I was reminded by the age old saying of living in the moment and enjoying it for all that it is worth.

Because one day, this little ray of light will be all grown up and flower arrangement instruction will all have been but over for her....but not for me, because it will live in my heart for all time. I get to keep this one for myself.

I love you, Ellie!

2 comments:

QueenWanydala said...

when did this happen? ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

While you were making the beef and tofu in the kitchen....mom and I watched her...