Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Confessions of the Nutritionally Challenged

I was having a good day yesterday. I was eating very well (healthy).
I had a sandwich, fruit and a human sized portion of ravioli. I even ate the banana I brought to work to have a snack instead of hitting the vending machine.

Alex and I discussed dinner plans. We decided on grilled chicken, very healthy, and very tasty (yes, Alex is the one who attempts cooking in our household).

As is our usual custom on Monday nights, we watch 24 after dinner....but it wasn't quite 8pm yet and we were just flipping through channels when, behold! An ice cream commerical comes on and Alex flips out. Alex is a BIG proponent of dessert and is always asking me to make him cookies. Anyway, this commerical is about Dove ice cream, and now it comes with Dove's chocolate ganache (chocolate mousse) on top of the ice cream. He screams he wants it, and heck, when have I ever passed up an opportunity to eat chocolate.

I'd been good all day, following good sense, and that good sense also told me that in moderation, ice cream wasn't going to be an enemy.

Are you kidding? Ice cream is my best friend! Make a long story short, I ate more than my share of the ice cream. The ganache was delectable, the ice cream under it even more silky and creamy and heavenly.....eh hem...sorry.

I can't help who I am....a chocolate lover, a junk food junkie at heart. Today, I am going for a run...so I can eat some ice cream.

1 comment:

EJ said...

Keep trying. That is what counts, to NEVER give up.