Monday, May 09, 2005

Mystery Virus

It's like being at the hospital around here at the office lately.

My co-worker, Wendy, came back from Vegas with a terrible cough and cold. She left last Tuesday night to Vegas on vacation. This morning, she came back with a hacking cough! Gads.

Jim and John...other co-workers on my project team have all been sick the last week and a half. Jim had a cold and has been blowing his nose frequently (just getting over it) and John got diagnosed with something like walking pneumonia! I've had the hacking cough and pneumonia in the past and they are not good. For me, they tend to last longer or get worse because I am a smoker. When I've had it, I've been up all night without sleep because lying down made me cough to no end. Not even codine helped. I had to go in for antibiotics last time (October). Poor Alex hardly got any sleep because he could still hear me coughing up a lung in the livingroom!

I'm going to try to stay healthy this week. I'm going to get enough sleep and try not to catch whatever these people here have caught.

And yes, I am quitting smoking when I get back from Rome. This is for health reasons as well as in preparation for something special (hopefully) to begin next year...January.

1 comment:

QueenWanydala said...

Oh my gosh Jina! I'm getting choked up (pun intended ha ha) just thinking about it! Sniff sniff...it's best to learn some lullabies now!