Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Do You Feel Married?

No.

What is marriage supposed to feel like anyway? Should it feel different than being engaged? Hmmm. I guess it's a personal observation. Everyone keeps asking me if I feel married. Did they?

But no, I do not FEEL married. I am happy. I am relieved the wedding day has come and gone. I am excited about our trip to Rome in three weeks. I am very greatful for my family (new and old). I am thankful God gave me the life I have. I am two pounds lighter since the wedding day (angry brows). I am finally going to use the sunless tanning service Wany got me last year for my birthday (the certificate expires 5/27). I am going to cut my long nails as I no longer need them to look pretty. I am going back to life as usual....

2 comments:

EJ said...

If there was a feeling to be married, I'd still be waiting. Maybe it's different when you live together first and so you're just going home and your day to day is the same.

Fist thing Tim did during our honeymoon, got his head buzzed. I know he said "wife" and freaked me out b/c it sounded weird. I took me a few months to say "husband" w/o laughing. I still chuckle a bit.

QueenWanydala said...

I'm not quite sure what that means either. I felt relief as well as excitement since I was on my way to Aussie! But I'm a romantic with romantic visions of how our marriage was supposed to be like. I don't think it was after Ellie that I felt like a married women...