Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Project - Packing for Rome

Alex and I will be leaving for Rome in two more days.

We are very excited and looking forward to it all. But we find ourselves (as we usually do) short on time for last minute things. Why does there always seem to be an immense amount of 'to do's' right before one leaves for vacation?

Of course, I know that as soon as we get there, we'll realize we didn't need any of the items we brought with us, and need a host of items we either didn't think to bring or decided against bringing. For instance, we bought a hand sanitizer. It's a gel that you rub all over your hands for when you can't wash your hands the conventional way with water and soap. Hmmm...will we really need this? It's anyone's guess. Alex will probably use his because deep down inside he's the 12 year old boy who buys a box of cereal just for the special toy inside (Star Wars Lite Saber cereal spoon) and doesn't finish the cereal. Sigh....shaking of head....sigh. He's prone to purchase and/or use things just because...

I've decided to put a list of items we are taking to Rome. Upon our return from Rome, I will go back to said list and see how many of the items we really used. It will come in handy for future trips and what to pack. Hopefully, I will not become the victim of history repeating itself.

2 comments:

QueenWanydala said...

make sure you leave enough room in the luggage for items you will want to bring back! i stuff my bag all the time and end up coming back with 2 extra bags...(not that I travel much)

EJ said...

I know you'll have a wonderful time. Can't wait to see your pictures from your trip. I LOVE ITALY!!!!!